Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Waiting, Waiting!

This quilt belongs to my son Daniel.


I started it for his 18th birthday but it wasn't quilted until he was nearly 20!

Oh well, all good things come to those who wait!


He is working overseas at the moment so I am looking after it for him.

 I loved making this quilt because it used a technique that didn't actually have you making the stars!

The pattern came from Threadbear in Castlemaine, Victoria.



You cut the rectangles and pieced triangles to each corner.

And then it was put together in rows.

It was quilted for me by Karen @ Quilts on Bastings back in 2005!



She is quilting something for me at the moment!

I can't wait to get it and show it to you!

So I am waiting too!


Have a happy day!

SUZ

3 comments:

Deanna said...

Clever piecing technique and lovely color selection. I bet he thought it was worth waiting for.

quilary said...

That's a great easy pattern, and the quilt has turned out beautifully.
I saw you mention a mariners compass on quilty giveaways and have come across to have a peek at it. I'm being cheeky and asking if that's what you are waiting for?

Brenda said...

Can you tell me the name of this pattern? I love it. Perfect for a son going off to college.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...