Friday, July 8, 2011

A bit of this, a bit of that!

The last few days have been just that...

A bit of hot weather, a bit cool!

A bit of cycling, a bit of sightseeing!

So here is a small sample.....


A rustic French breakfast!


Our gite near Narbonne!


Some Provencal pottery?


The Roman Amphitheatre in Nimes where the gladiators fought.

They now hold concerts here- even one tonight!


A fabulous bull fighter statue!

(Nimes certainly has a Spanish feel to it!)


The Chapel of the Jesuits (yes, them again!) where an amazing exhibition of 

sculptures by Serge Marchal was being held!


Quite amazing!


And as breakfast was a simple affair, here is what I had for dinner- 

melted goat's cheese on toast, with bacon and salad....


accompanied by this tasty assortment for first course!

(The pickled onions (front) were unbelievable!)

Followed by a tiny garlicky roast quail with potatoes and assorted mushrooms!


I finished off with scoops of cafe and cassis glace!

But as they were melting fast I didn't have time for a photo!

Well, that's my story anyway!

And the best part was it didn't cost a fortune!

Happy days!

SUZ

6 comments:

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

When are you going home? Not sure I can keep up this green-eyed monster feeling much longer!!

Mary said...

Yummmmmmy! Spectacular statue and sculptures. You just can't shake the Jesuits can you?

www.randomthoughtsdoordi.com said...

I remember Nimes...where DeNim was found by Levi Strauss! That salad you had is my all time favorite salad. Wish I were there!

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Yum!!

Marg said...

Oh boy, after having a very ordinary lunch, I am now insanely jealous.
It all looks so wonderful.

Rachaeldaisy said...

I love your taste in food!! I used to have goats cheese on toast at France-Soirs (South Yarra, Melbourne) years ago, and there you are having the real French version. That breakfast looked particularly good too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...