Monday, January 23, 2012

72 becomes 1!

72 kite pieces, that is!

I have finished my first "Heirloom 2012 Quilt" block!


It is based on the hand pieced "Jazz Hands" block 

in Material Obsessions 2.


The finished block is 12 inches across.

It looks a little wonky because there are paper pieces still in the outside edge!

I spent many travelling hours getting this one to the finish line,

but that's okay - it's not a race, is it?

I love the accuracy of English Paper Piecing...


and the portability too!

I have learnt a bit about the design process while constructing this block too.


I probably wouldn't put the pink floral in the outside position- I think this 

point requires something stronger.

So with that knowledge under my belt, its on to No. 2!

Happy sewing!

SUZ



14 comments:

Suz J said...

Wow, 72 pieces - that's wild. And here I am complaining about my swoon block :0)

Larissa said...

Your block is beautiful Suz!!!

Rachaeldaisy said...

72 pieces!! That sounds so many!! I was surprised that they're all the same shape what a clever block.

Clara {Clover and Violet} said...

So pretty!

Lucy | Charm About You said...

Incredible! So beautiful! My hand piecing is no where near as precise... going to go practice :)

Lucy | Charm About You said...

Incredible! So beautiful! My hand piecing is no where near as precise... going to go practice :)

Mary said...

72 pieces of luscious stitching! I love this block and all the fabrics you chose. 72 pieces is a lot of stitching!!!

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

I looks amazing Mrs S xxx

Furball Farm Quilting said...

Great block!

Marg said...

Looks fantastic, that's a lot of pieces isn't it! How many more do you need to make?
I love EPP!

Leanne said...

Looking great. I am loving paper piecing also. Design and colours are always tricky.

Leanne said...

That is so lovely and a great deal of work. It will be so worth it in the end and yes, there is no race so enjoy the journey.

Canadian Abroad said...

You have sooooooooo much more patience than me!

www.randomthoughtsdoordi.com said...

All I can say is WOW! This is amazing and so precise.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...