Friday, January 27, 2012

Swapping!

I have signed up for two Flick'r swaps 

which will keep me busy for the next month or so!

Firstly the Mouthy Stitches hosted by Hadley, Susan and Cindy!

I have to make a zippered pouch and send it with some scraps to my secret 

partner by the end of February!


I have used zippers in dresses and skirts before but never in a pouch....


In fact it is probably easier!

It came together pretty well, I'd probably cut the lining a little smaller next 


time to make it a better fit!



And I am thinking of maybe adding some embroidery...


I bought these transfers from the US

The second swap came as a bit of a surprise -

I have been invited to participate in the newly established



and this is what I have planned discarded so far!

The fabrics are not as dull in real life as they appear here!

I'm thinking about foundation piecing?

Or I may do something completely different!


Like this...


This one is 6 inches square


(Thanks Mary, for a great tutorial for this block!)

I'm hoping my partner (or any of my followers) comment so I can get more of


a feel or ideas of where I might go with this!

Happy sewing!

SUZ

9 comments:

Canadian Abroad said...

Love the mini spiderweb idea!

Marg said...

Your purse looks better than my purse!!!!! That looks really good and doesn't look like a first attempt.
I like the spiderweb idea.

Rachaeldaisy said...

I have to get this off my chest- I think it's an Aussie thing but pouches make me think of kangaroos. Okay that being said I really like the one youve made. It's so pretty! I'm excited about your special little quilt swap, I know you'll make something amazing. I really love your Rock Your Socks Off Mary blocks! I'd love to see you do more with those.

Selfsewn said...

hi Suz!!

I've just realized that I'm missing all your posts!
I cant seem to follow your blog :(
I follow u then u disappear.
I'm not sure if its just your blog.

Sorry if I've not been commenting, but that is the reason!!

Have a great weekend xx

Mary said...

Hi Susan! I love your Rock Your Socks Block...hee hee!!! Those individual squares and strips must be tiny! I love it! The pouch is sweet and I had to laugh at the kangaroo comment! Have fun with your swaps :)

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Love the stars, you exclusive lady you!!

www.randomthoughtsdoordi.com said...

swapmania is spreading throughout the world. Your zip looks good and the quilt...well, I'll just have to watch it progress.

Melody said...

You've got two lucky swap partners. Love the colours in your star blocks.

Leanne said...

It is all lovely. I love both your ideas for the swap.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...